Uses for 10mm Toughened Glass
Being probably the most sought and versatile of glass sizes, 10mm toughened glass is the most popular in the UK.
As the all rounder of glass thickness, the 10mm thick glass is used both in the domestic and commercial sectors of the UK market.
Its uses are vast and to give you an idea to what it can be used for we have compiled a short list below:
- Shower Glass
- Shower Panels
- Decorative panels
- Office partitions
- Office doors
- Sliding Doors
- Internal balustrades
- External Balustrades
- Table tops
- Viewing screens
- Combined for Toughened laminated products
- Fish tanks
- Animal Pens
- Display cases
- Reception Desks
- Splash backs ( A bold Version)
- Art and creativity
- Medical theatres
For the Glass to be at its optimum strength, it is heat toughened and will then provide a strength which is approximately 5 times that of normal annealed glass. It can be sandblasted, painted, etched, bent, scribbled on and comes in a range of basic colours. The colours we can supply are Blue, Bronze, Green, Smoked grey. There is also a satin, that is very similar to sandblasted but less pitted and more smooth to the touch.
Because 10mm glass is used for many reasons we have the availability of the larger / Jumbo stock sheets to provide the variety of uses our clients require.
We have even seen 10mm glass being used as a snowboard
So to round up our short review of 10mm toughened glass lets look at the highlights of this wonderful product
- Conforms to the requirements of BS 6206: 1981 Class A as well as European Standard BS EN 12600 and many worldwide safety standards
- Up to 5 times stronger than Normal Annealed
- Countless uses within the Residential and Commercial building sector
- Art, Structural and Practical uses
- Human accidental Impact – No problem!
If you wish to purchase this or any other of our products please use the calculator Below